Re: [ontolog-forum] ISO merged ontology effort "MCO"

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Apr 2009 10:09:09 +0300
Peter,
Somebody of us is fully missing the whole sense of public forum and public
forum debate, http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Public_forum_debate, where you
are supposed to be a pundit, not a censor.
There are now two topics of high technological importance, all ontologies
project, dubbed neon, and all ontologies standard candidate, dubbed mco.
Both supported or would be supported by the public funding and may affect
your life or your children or your business. Now suppose i am running such a
multi-million research project, again giving you promises and hopes. Even if
you, as a good professional, know that the project good for nothing, another
mindless waste, I can't refuse your rights to quest, request, ask, demand,
or insist. Moreover, if i am asked in the right place, the Ontolog Forum, i
have to give clear answers to your clear questions, regardless who is asking
and how you are requesting. This is now my public duty, for "Every right
implies a responsibility, every opportunity, an obligation; every
possession, a duty" (JD Rockefeller Jr). Otherwise, the community will judge
by default, if already judged.
Regards
Azamat