Re: [ontolog-forum] Ockham

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 08 Apr 2009 05:00:41 -0400
Dick,    (01)

The fundamental point we've been trying to say is that
most digital computers have no eyes, ears, feelings,
or anything that resembles human "mental" symbols.    (02)

RHM> Isn't it strange that I think about real mappings when
 > someone challenges me to define the "meaning" of my language?
 > Why do I think that "meaning" is connected to reality?    (03)

It isn't strange at all if you're talking to your Ayn Randian
friends.  But it is extremely strange if you expect any
digital computer to understand what you mean by context.    (04)

But you also say that you are using mKR not only to
communicate with computers, but also to communicate with
other human beings who do have eyes, ears, and feelings.    (05)

That is a fine thing to do.  But in that case, I suggest
that there's a better language for that purpose than mKR.
It's called English.    (06)