Re: [ontolog-forum] ISO merged ontology effort "MCO"

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: stefano.bertolo@xxxxxxxxxxxx
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 10 Apr 2009 23:11:40 +0300
PY wrote: "All we are  supposed to be, is a good conversation."    (01)

Well, Peter. As far as "a good coversation...at the end of the working day"
suggests a mutual expressions of views, exchange of ideas and information, i
am informally asking the neon coordinator or project officer and the mco
chair, some  friendly questions:
1.Which "single-ontology style"  do the NeOn people aim to enhance, if any?
2. How are they going to collect domain ontologies, as a assortment, a
library or as an integrated system?
3. Where are they planning to place upper ontologies?
4. How are the networked ontologies related with the possible standardized
ontology system of top classes and meanings?
5. How the MCO folks are planning to create a "baseline ontology" from three
partial ontologies of restricted scope. And what sort of "semantic
foundation was originally developed in the US Army" released recently to the
public? this as as the dessert.    (02)

Wish to underline the John's caveat against ostensible ontology
standardization (very often there are ostensive ends and real goals):
" 1. It should be consistent with accepted principles and practices in every
branch of science, engineering, business, and the arts."    (03)

I'd say even more: the standard ontology should be built as a integrative
framework of all key branches of knowledge.
Regards,    (04)

Azamat Abdoullaev    (05)