Re: [ontolog-forum] An Ultra High Level Ontology - EXTENSIONAL

To: ian@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Ed Barkmeyer <edbark@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Feb 2009 13:04:33 -0500
Ian Bailey wrote:    (01)

> Yes, of course our types are identified by their members. It's an
> EXTENSIONAL ontology. That's kinda the definition of an extensional
> ontology. Our individuals are identified by their extent also - in this case
> spatio-temporal.     (02)

Indeed.  What I was saying was that my intuition as to what the term
"type" means was wrong, because you have an "extensional" model.
So the list of terms tells us nothing whatever, because it demands that
we fill in the definitions, and we will probably not get the
definitions/axioms that are in your document.    (03)

The list is "a child without a meaning".    (04)

-Ed    (05)

Gaithersburg, MD 20899-8263                FAX: +1 301-975-4694    (06)

  and have not been reviewed by any Government authority."    (07)