Re: [ontolog-forum] Thing and Class

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Azamat" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2008 15:30:52 +0300
Leonid,    (01)

There is a huge number of original works on biosemiotics,
http://www.zbi.ee/~uexkull/biosemiotics/bibl.htm
Two many antique notions and bold assumptions, life as semiotic systems,
semiosis, sign processes, causality, efficient, formal and final, teleology,
phytosemantics, zoosemantics, a semiotic foundation of biology, etc. science
is progressing.    (02)

Among the real semiotic issues are:
The semantic dimension of meanings: senses, representation (intensions) and
references (extension) of constructs;
The pragmatic dimension of meanings: the processes how an organism assigns
significances to signs and sign processes.    (03)

That is relevant for real ontology and ontology engineering, so let's focus
on these subjects.
Regards
Azamat    (04)