Re: [ontolog-forum] Thing and Class

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 13 Sep 2008 13:51:38 -0500
On Sep 13, 2008, at 10:23 AM, Richard H. McCullough wrote:
> John
>
> FYI, the features of mKR have been evaluated by me --
> in various applications, over the last dozen years.    (01)

And that's a good start, but I'm sure you'd admit that that is not an
adequate vetting -- your work needs to be subjected to evaluation
within the KR community in order for its adequacy to be objectively
assessed.  Granted, it might be hard to get your stuff recognized
enough to have it subjected to the sort of vetting in the first
place.  But if you are really on to something here, then you should be
able to show that mKR solves important problems that are currently
either ignored or unsolved within the KR community, or at least that
it has significant advantages over all other KR paradigms.  And the
way to get recognized is to point those problems out and demonstrate
mKR's solutions/advantages by publishing papers and giving
presentations at relevant scientific meetings.  Otherwise mKR will
languish, as KR researchers will have no reason to give it a serious
look.    (02)

-chris    (03)