Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Christopher Spottiswoode" <cms@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 18:16:56 +0200
Paola,    (01)

Thank you for pricking up your ears:    (02)

> regarding your (long)  post
> http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2008-01/msg00453.html
> in order for me (and others perhaps) to comment I would be useful to
> have the rationale sketched out in a few bullet points or a table,
> and if you are thinking 'architecture' then a diagram would do the
> trick nicely...are you really working on an architechture that could
> solve all our complexity and contextualization problems?    (03)

No, certainly not, and thank heavens our given complexity is surely
inifinitely larger than that!  But it will be better than the present
sets of kludges, and I'll explain why once I can begin to compare and
contrast them with the new setup proposed.  There'll be a very few big
bins for those kludges, one for each fatal feature.  But there will
also be "attractive migration paths for legacy applications, databases
and people-skills", as I promised elsewhere in 2004.    (04)

And people will choose to migrate:  as you'll see shortly when I
eventually start my promised series of posts (and after all these
preliminary skirmishes I seem to have invited), the new setup will be
much cleaner and more natural, being better based on epistemology as
well as ontologies.  As importantly, it will actively invite and
support contributions by everyone, and in far more integrated an Open
Source way than you'll find anywhere else.  This is the universal
Internet, after all!  The shared ownership thus targeted helps explain
why I am about to start this launch in this somewhat interactive
medium...    (05)

> if so, I am sure we all want to move to it....or at least keep your
> notes at hand for when we design our own systems....    (06)

You won't need notes once the initial product is launched.  I'm just
sorry it's unlikely that will be during the coming year (unless your
collective response far exceeds my expectations...).  However, you
will shortly see its outlines.    (07)

But please switch, hopefully today still, to my response to Pat's
untypically gentle nudge in the ribs he has just posted to me...    (08)

Meanwhile, Paola, thank you for your active "suspension of disbelief"
so far!    (09)

Christopher    (010)