Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Christopher Menzel <cmenzel@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Feb 2008 12:21:31 -0600
On Feb 18, 2008, at 9:27 AM, Bill Andersen wrote:
> You forgot to include the ACLU, most major university
> administrations...    (01)

Been listening to Rush again, Bill?  Though the oppressive reign of
liberalism in the American academy is a favorite theme among
reactionary blowhards, most university administrations have in fact
adopted an extremely laissez faire attitude about faculty/staff/
student use of university web spaces.  To include them (not to mention
the ACLU) with the Chinese gov't and Islamic fundamentalists is a
piece of rhetorical misdirection worthy of El Rushbo.  As for my
mention of the Bushies, the allusion was only to their tendency (until
recently anyway) to kowtow to those who'd impose their own theocratic
vision of a moral society on the rest of us.  Anyone who'd be willing
to sully the Constitution over gay marriage to strengthen their
political power wouldn't hesitate to gag other forms of behavior
deemed "incorrect" by our homegrown Taliban.    (02)

-chris    (03)