Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 20 Feb 2008 13:47:54 -0000
Dear John,    (01)

I don't follow this.    (02)

> Interesting point:  In our work at VivoMind, we have found that
> Roget's _Thesaurus_ is more useful than WordNet for representing
> emotional terms and value judgments.  Since we use a partial ordering
> rather than a tree, we can treat the Roget classifications as the
> equivalent of WordNet synsets in a large partial ordering.    (03)

I thought a tree structure was a partial ordering. What do you see as
the difference between a tree and a partial ordering?    (04)

Regards    (05)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Registered in England and Wales
Registered number: 621148
Registered office: Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (06)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (07)