Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: "Pat Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 19 Feb 2008 11:10:20 +0700
Pat    (01)

> >It depends on the context and what we are trying to achieve, and the
> >hour of the day
>
> which is exactly why it is not an appropriate topic for discussion in
> this forum, as the entire point of ontologies is to capture useful
> information which can be used in any context and at any hour of the
> day and whatever we are trying to achieve.    (02)

I avoid as much as I can becoming contentious because its too taxing,
but let me dare    (03)

I made an earlier point on how correctness is related to ontology, but
I can make it again:
[b]
correctness depends on value system, that can be represented as an ontology
[/b]    (04)

perhaps we should  discuss the relevance of that to this forum    (05)

there is a whole world of context out there that needs to be
confronted by the ontology community, and you cant keep ingnoring it    (06)

pdm    (07)

Paola Di Maio
School of IT
www.mfu.ac.th