Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 22:49:19 +0700
Thanks Pat and Rick

How I wish I hadnt said anything now

I do not intend to enter lenthy arguments about this trifle, so apologies for the brevity

Pat
read 'chaotic' intended as 'non linear'
the web is chaotic statement does not mean that there is no logical pattern, but that the pattern is non linear, in that sense the web IS chaotic, (neither static nor periodic)

rick
a complex system is a chaotic system

quick take from wikipedia:
In the area of mathematics, arguably the largest contribution to the study of complex systems was the discovery of chaos in deterministic systems, a feature of certain dynamical systems that is strongly related to nonlinearity.[4] The study of neural networks was also integral in advancing the mathematics needed to study complex systems.

non time dependant perhaps

thanks for the link to the study btw, most interesting

the clusters identified may perhaps coincide with 'dense periodic orbits' that characterize complex systems

also I wonder if fourier spectrum measurement would be applicable/yield the same results
http://noosphere.princeton.edu/fourier.html

from a whizzing quick look however, I am not sure that comparing the web to the two ontologies may lead to the said conclusion, I suspect that there might be a flaw in the logical fomulation of the study, however I reserve further comment til I study more of it
maybe I just dont understand the rationale

oh, how I wish I hadnt replied  :-)

cheers

Paola Di Maio