Re: [ontolog-forum] What words mean

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx" <rick@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 16 Feb 2008 16:13:23 -0500
Rob F. and I were talking a few months ago about how nice it would be to
see the cross over take place between the complex systems and ontology
communities. Hopefully some good stuff will happen here ...    (01)

John F. Sowa wrote:

> PH> I wouldn't say that the Web is chaotic in any informal sense
>  > of the word, either.  Messy, it may well be.  Fortunately,
>  > 'messy' hasn't yet got a technical meaning.
>
> That's as good a word as any -- and better than most.  The term
> that I used for the mess of what people have in their heads is
> 'knowledge soup'.  It's extremely fluid, but it has little chunks
> of organization bobbing around, like a carrot or morsel of meat.
>
> Another term is 'complex system'.  That has become a technical term,
> but it is appropriate in both the technical and informal senses:
>
>     http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Complex_system
>     Complex System
>
> John
>     (02)

I think the Rhizomik living semantic web research looks like a good
start. Would anyone have references to other crossover research ?    (03)

--
Thanks Rick,
blog http://spout.rickmurphy.org