Re: [ontolog-forum] ebxml

To: "[ontolog-forum] edbark@xxxxxxxx," <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 14:23:24 -0800
Ed:    (01)

On 1/14/08 1:24 PM, "Ed Barkmeyer" <edbark@xxxxxxxx> wrote:    (02)

> That too is factual.
>
> My issue was with the lead in:
>> One of the primary reasons ebXML failed was because ...
>
> That is not fact.  That is your expert opinion.
>
> My opinion, which is based on dealing with the manufacturing business
> people who are actively operating e-business activities, is that ebXML
> failed primarily because it did not address the e-business *business*
> problem.     (03)

This is the same as what I said (sort of). When I said it did not work, it
was largely because the architecture was designed to address this however
the specs did not deliver the functionality that would have.    (04)

Some parts worked without the whole (Registry, Core Components, CPA/CPP and
messaging) but the whole failed.    (05)

When I say it "failed", there are clearly documented design objectives and
requirements.  Failed is a state.  "Failed" means it did not do, as whole,
what is was designed to do.    (06)

Duane
"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html