Re: [ontolog-forum] (OT) German

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
From: Avril Styrman <Avril.Styrman@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 20:03:49 +0200
Lainaus Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>:    (01)

> You see, that is just the kind of thing that
> makes English so superior to all those other
> languages: in English, words have their proper
> meanings. It really is quite simple, I sometimes
> wonder why the rest of the world isn't able to
> see the truth staring them in the face: but then
> I have to concede, they do have the handicap of
> speaking one of the faulty languages.
>
> Pat    (02)

Pat,    (03)

also in Finnish words mean exactly what they do, but
there are very litte words if the Finnish language.    (04)

Basically, it is natural that every person thinks:
"I have the justification to speak my mother tongue,
I have the justification to the land where I happened
to be living, and my country is a good country". Yes,
national pride is a walking stick for blind fools. The
only national pride that a person should have, is a
the pride of the whole planet, not just one nation
within this sphere. Of course, most people don't even
think why they do, they just do.     (05)

For the language, I'd be happy to have English as the
common language of del mundo, even officially. This
can be seen as the price for the English-speaking
countries for winning the second world war. In a
nutshell, it is important for people to understand
your call for help, and it is unimportant with which
language the call is made, if it is understood.    (06)

I wouldn't want to steal anybody's language, so let
everyone have their language, but let everyone also
learn English. The period of moving into the common
language could be made faster in many ways.    (07)

Avril    (08)