Re: [ontolog-forum] ebxml (was: (OT) German)

To: "[ontolog-forum] edbark@xxxxxxxx," <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 14 Jan 2008 11:42:20 -0800
Addendum:    (01)

I wrote most of the ebXML technical architecture and worked on several of
the specs.  I also was on the steering committee.  I also was CTO of one of
the handful of companies that implemented some of the specifications. I
argued that if it didn't technically work, no one would be able to implement
it and it makes the other arguments moot.    (02)

What I said below is factual.    (03)

Duane    (04)

On 1/14/08 11:32 AM, "Ed Barkmeyer" <edbark@xxxxxxxx> wrote:    (05)

> Duane Nickull wrote:
>> One of the primary reasons ebXML failed was because the business process
>> component ignored the technical architecture and delivered something else.
>> The whole could not function without that critical part.
>
> I don't know what this means, but I am reasonably sure I would disagree.    (06)

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html