Re: [ontolog-forum] (OT) German

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Pat Hayes" <phayes@xxxxxxx>
From: "Sharma, Ravi" <Ravi.Sharma@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 11 Jan 2008 13:31:01 -0700
Sanskrit is the first spoken and documented written language. Hopefully
Greek and Latin are derivatives of the ancient Indo-European Sanskrit
language.
I know for sure that German, Russian are derived from roots of Sanskrit
language.
Further----
In my opinion English is one of the ambiguous languages, of course, we
are grateful to the British for introducing us to an internationally
common language for communications.    (01)

There are many related thoughts of interest to ontology and semantics:    (02)

Sanskrit is computer interpretable natural language and it is spoken
exactly as it is written.    (03)

Over the years the interpretation and Grammar in English and parsing
techniques have emerged to reduce ambiguous interpretations.    (04)

I have been exposed to 3-4 languages and I can say that even the
mathematical languages such as Sanskrit when used in practice require
strong context and concept related preconditions and often as in Dram,
short introductions to the context are made in classical texts. Do not
we think that for machine interpretability as well as for collaboration
even in a CoP we need to set the context and concept such as
zoology-animals-mammals-large mammals-rhinoceros etc and agree to the
NAMESPACE to spell Rhino---- unambiguously. This takes us only to the
basics. Are we then talking about the genes of rhino, behavior, or
comparing rhino to other large mammals? Etc. See it is not easy even for
simple concepts let alone talking about business processes and mental
processes and even in them the abnormal standards, personally it is
quite a lot to chew so we need baby steps with taxonomy, ontology,
semantics, context and concepts and also community oriented (even
partial) standards that are acceptable for collaboration, so we can
begin.    (05)

Let us draw on two parallels:
1. E-business B2B commerce is still far from operational as BPEL and
ebXML communities and vertical practices of their CoPs are not ready to
converge due to large learning curves. I participated as GM
representative in one such inventory sharing business process about 3
years ago, slow progress and semantic conversation and collaboration are
far away - also for Semiconductors, aerospace and automotive industries
which are first to attempt this. Major delays in converging different
Business processes and documents that can be audited and learning XML
technologies.
2. Tremendous strides by Federal Government in developing Justice XML
vertical documentation and for DHS to adopt it in a collaborative
fashion bringing some hope for interpretation and collaboration among
security and legal CoPs. Yet long way from overall Federal adoption even
though OMB Transportation and others are taking lead.    (06)

Hope this sets up some background for Healthcare related architectures
and business processes as well as practices (CoPs) that at the minimum
have to include Profession (Neuro- or Behavioral practitioners),
Technologists, BPM and IT CoPs etc........    (07)

Thanks for your kind attention.    (08)

Ravi    (09)

(Dr. Ravi Sharma) Senior Enterprise Architect    (010)

Vangent, Inc. Technical Excellence Center (TEC)    (011)

8618 Westwood Center Drive, Suite 310, Vienna VA 22182
(o) 703-827-0638, website: www.vangent.com    (012)