Re: [ontolog-forum] Scheduling a Discussion [was: CL, CG, IKL and the re

To: "Adrian Walker" <adriandwalker@xxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Pat Hayes <phayes@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 2 Jan 2008 19:02:02 -0800
>Hi Pat --
>
>You wrote....
>
>At least four distinct logics for context have
>been fully developed and at least two of them
>are now deployed in industrial-scale working
>software systems.
>
>Most interesting.  Do you have references that
>describe what the deployed ones are doing
>industrially please?    (01)

Well, Cyc uses a context logic, as does, I
believe, Ontoworks. Cyc has many real-world
applications (check their website for details)
and Ontoworks stuff is being used heavily by
several government agencies. I don't have
academic references as this stuff is all highly
proprietary.    (02)

Pat    (03)

phayesAT-SIGNihmc.us       http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes    (05)