Re: [ontolog-forum] Scheduling a Discussion [was: CL, CG, IKL and the re

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 15 Jan 2008 19:45:07 -0800
John:    (01)

While not making an extrinsic declaration of the term "context", you are
correct in observing the alignment with your own semantics.    (02)

Duane    (03)

On 1/15/08 10:45 AM, "John F. Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (04)

> Duane,
>
> I did not read that document in detail, but from just skimming it,
> I could not find a definition of the word 'context':
>
>> In an effort to share what Adobe means/is doing in the context arena,
>> there is a document that explains some aspects we are technically
>> linking together for our LiveCycle Enterprise Suite Business Activity
>> Monitoring (BAM) servers here:
>>
>> http://www.adobe.com/go/learn_lc_bamworkbench
>>
>> Section 2 is a good place to start or just search for the term
>> "context".  I hope this sheds some light on our interest.
>
> That section talks about "context data", but it does not give
> a definition of the word 'context'.
>
>  From what I can gather, the document seems to use the word
> 'context' in roughly the same way I was suggesting:  it is a
> syntactic notion that identifies a context by a reference to
> some container of the relevant data.  It does not state any
> axioms for anything remotely resembling a "context logic".
>
> John

>      (05)

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html