Re: [ontolog-forum] Scheduling a Discussion [was: CL, CG, IKL and the re

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <dnickull@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 07 Jan 2008 08:25:11 -0800
Bill McCarthy?  I know him well.    (01)

Duane    (02)

On 1/5/08 6:42 AM, "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx> wrote:    (03)

>> [JB]  Brainstorming people suggestions (alphabetically by last name):
>> Ramanathan Guha, Pat Hayes, John McCarthy, Chris Menzel, Duane Nickull, John
>> Sowa,...
>
> [ppy]  Thank you, John.  Great suggestions - both on the topic and on
> the panel!
>
> While Hayes, Menzel, Nickull & Sowa are already active members of this
> community, I would need some folk(s) who is close enough to Guha and
> McCarthy to help make the invitation, and convince them to
> participate.  That said, we would probably all love to have them
> (individually) come give an invited talk any day. Therefore, whoever
> volunteers to approach them, please extend the standing invitation,
> and try to get that confirmed too.
>
> Volunteer(s) ... John? Anyone?
>
> Thanks & Regards.  =ppy
> --

>> +1  that it would make an interesting session.
>>
>>> [ppy] Sure, I'd be most happy to. I'd need a more refined statement of
>>> WHAT (exactly) it is, that folks would like to discuss, and WHO are
>>> the people they would like to hear from (or hear discussing the issue
>>> at hand).
>>
>> Brainstorming topic suggestions:
>> Resolved: The word "Context" in ontological engineering talk has become
>> useless and should be replaced (Pro and Con). For those on the Pro side:
>> recommend use of one or more terms or phrases to use to discuss technology
>> already used and referred to by "context".   For those on the Con side:
>> provide a concise and formal explanation of what thread connects different
>> uses of the word "context", including time and belief.
>>
>> Brainstorming people suggestions (alphabetically by last name):
>> Ramanathan Guha, Pat Hayes, John McCarthy, Chris Menzel, Duane Nickull, John
>> Sowa,...

>      (04)

"Speaking only for myself"
Senior Technical Evangelist - Adobe Systems, Inc.
Blog - http://technoracle.blogspot.com
Community Music - http://www.mix2r.com
My Band - http://www.myspace.com/22ndcentury
Adobe MAX 2008 - http://technoracle.blogspot.com/2007/08/adobe-max-2008.html