Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology Question concerning WebArchitecture and

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Park <jack.park@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:47:53 -0700
Not an issue of safe/unsafe, but we discovered while beginning to use
our IRIS platform [1] in SRI's CALO project, that there was an
occasional misfit between what the ontologists had written into CALO's
controlling ontology and how office workers using the system see/use
that universe. We wrote about it in a paper titled "Just For me: Topic
Maps and Ontologies" [2] in which we discuss wrapping ontologies with
topic maps.    (01)

Jack
[1] http://www.openiris.org/
[2] http://www.adam.cheyer.com/papers/Just_For_Me-Final.pdf    (02)