Re: [ontolog-forum] Systems that learn each other's ontologies

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Andreas Tolk <atolk@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 08:01:26 -0400
Hello again, I got the go to distribute the SCSC-2007 paper as well. It is more down-to earth than the paper I send yesterday. Feel free to use the ideas or to criticize them. As you can see, we are not so much interested in the underlying philosophy, but for our models their perception of reality is real ... but other models have other perceptions. Instead of telling federated models what is real using another model (the information excahnge model) we try to utilize ontological ideas to let our models (or better simulation systems as their implementation) learn about the concepts used in other models/simulations.
All the best
Andreas
Andreas Tolk, Ph.D.
Associate Professor
Engineering Management & Systems Engineering
242B Kaufman Hall
Old Dominion University
Norfolk, VA 23529
(757) 683-4500 (voice)