Re: [ontolog-forum] Systems that learn each other's ontologies

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Park <jack.park@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 24 Jul 2007 07:20:14 -0700
Andreas,    (01)

Many thanks for saying this. I am pleased that others appear to be
thinking along similar lines. Patrick Durusau and I conducted an ontolog
telecon a last year [1]; perhaps we are close to beginning a larger
discussion on what it really means to federate world views.    (02)

Evolving conceptual spaces that permit combinations of "system" and
"people" learning from each other and from federated articulations of
heterogeneous world views seems a worthy goal. Perhaps all of that is a
different focus for the ontolog community, one I would certainly endorse
and participate in.    (03)

Cheers
Jack
[1] http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2006_04_27    (04)