Re: [ontolog-forum] Terminology Question concerning Web Architecture and

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 22 Jul 2007 19:34:20 +0700
Hi Patrick    (01)

> But there is also the claim that Azamat makes that links whatever he
> means by "universal ontology" to success of the Semantic Web or
> artificial intelligence.    (02)

maybe he means that in way that is different from the interpretation
his sentences get    (03)

I often have to read peoples (especially azamats) words sevral times
before I place them in the right order and understand the meaning that
they carry intristically    (04)

remember the example a few posts back, I got it later (>>>)    (05)

 http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/ ...
ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontolog-forum/2007-06/msg00318.html    (06)

maybe the universal framework can read reality 'as it is' on the web
(making sense of natural language) as opposed to working with set
models that come and go, are limited and expire after a while    (07)

I dunno - I am still trying to come to grips with reading but what I
read is rather interesting to me (whether it works or not we dont know
yet), I am just dying to try it out on the web but that will take some
time
also I am not saying that it's easy, or that the model he proposes
will work perfectly etc
In fact I foresee some possible adjustments to the original thinking,
as things  develop during application etc  - but what i think is silly
is the 'a priori' judgments    (08)

You cannot judge what will come tomorow with the parameters that you
have in hand today.    (09)

think of web standards (hehehe)    (010)

i am having a decent day, thanks - hope you too    (011)

PDM    (012)

> But what happens in a case where the results from using a "universal
> ontology" don't agree with a clients view of the world? Telling a client
> their "model" of the world is simply wrong doesn't look like a winning
> strategy to me. Particularly since the "universal" model is itself
> simply *a* view of the world.
>
> Hope you are having a great weekend!
>
> Patrick
>
> --
> Patrick Durusau
> patrick@xxxxxxxxxxx
> Chair, V1 - US TAG to JTC 1/SC 34
> Acting Convener, JTC 1/SC 34/WG 3 (Topic Maps)
> Co-Editor, ISO/IEC 13250-1, 13250-5 (Topic Maps)
> Co-Editor, OpenDocument Format (OASIS, ISO/IEC 26300)

Paola Di Maio
School of IT
www.mfu.ac.th