Re: [ontolog-forum] to concept or not to concept, is this a question?

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Smith, Barry" <phismith@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Jun 2007 19:53:56 -0400
>         boundary="----_=_NextPart_001_01C7AE89.EE9F745D"    (01)

Pat Cassidy wrote:    (02)

Don Conklin wrote:
>How do I describe the idea of a design*
>produced by the organization* that satisfies a customers mission
>statement* as they compete in a economic marketspace* to reach their
>annual goals*
>
>  * = subclass of Concept    (04)

So for Pat, "concept" in most communities means "mental structure".
I think Pat is right, for some communities at least.    (05)

For Don "concept" subsumes "mission statement", "economic
marketspace", and "annual goal".
Others contributing to this list have used "concept" in a way similar
to Don (roughly, to embrace anything non-physical).    (06)

Houston, we have a problem here.
BS    (07)