Re: [ontolog-forum] Common Logic Controlled English (CLCE)

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "Horning, Jim" <Jim.Horning@xxxxxxxxxx>
From: Bill Jarrold <jarrold@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 30 Mar 2007 11:50:34 -0700

On Mar 19, 2007, at 2:04 PM, Pat Hayes wrote:    (01)

>> I trust that you are familiar with I.D. Hill's wonderful paper
>> "Wouldn't
>> it be nice if we could write computer programs in ordinary
>> English--or
>> would it?"  BCS, The Computer Bulletin, vol. 16, no. 6, June 1972,
>> pp.
>> 306--312.  In Neville Holmes' words, "It's a pity that [this]
>> splendid
>> article ... has not been more widely read."  I can't even locate an
>> online copy.
>
> I'd love to read this. If anyone knows how to get hold of it,
> please tell us.    (02)

Me too.    (03)

I am tempted to volunteer myself for the mission of getting a hold of
this article.    (04)

I have not been diligently reading my ontolog-forum email lately and
so apologies if there has been follow up on this thread.    (05)

I suspect it will mean one of us going to the library getting it from
microfilm and scanning it or OCR-ing it.  It would perhaps violate
fair use provision of copyright to broadcast this to the whole list
but sending it to targeted folks would be okay.    (06)

Email me off list if you would like to see a copy.  I make no
promises whatsoever that I will actually go to the trouble of getting
the article, OCR-ing it, and fulfill your request to email you a
copy.  I also may take months or even years to act on it.    (07)

Let me know if you have any guidelines on copyright.  Maybe "the
CONTU rules" or "fair use provisions" give me blank and white
guidelines on how many copies I may email out to specific people?    (08)

Thanks,    (09)

Bill    (010)