Re: [ontolog-forum] Polling the community [was - Re: The Relation Betwee

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 20:28:18 -0800
Paola,    (01)

> [PDM] The survey ... may benefit from further refinement    (02)

[ppy]  Yes, I agree (as exemplified by Mike Uschold's response, which
I just managed to respond to - ref:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2007-03/msg00042.html)
... we can use refinement. Wish we had more time to work this up.    (03)

> [PDM] have we consulted user profiling experts
> in this community to make sure that we are asking
> the right questions and using the right words?    (04)

[ppy] As mentioned earlier, we are NOT trying to do user profiling
with this survey. We want to find out what members of different
constituencies mean when they use the term "ontology" (or when they
use other ontology-related terms) ... etc. etc. (see details on the
survey.    (05)

> [PDM]  Is it too late to make a contribution there?    (06)

[ppy]  for the "Ontology Summit 2007" survey, I afraid it is too late
to change now. In fact, we are looking to get all the answers in a
week, and then get started on the analysis & synthesis of the
collected input.    (07)

Thanks. I look forward to receiving your survey input.    (08)

Regards.  =ppy