[ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2007 Survey

To: ontolog-invitation@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx, Ontology Summit Forum <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 17 Mar 2007 00:26:23 -0800
Re: Ontology Summit 2007 - Ontology, Taxonomy, Folksonomy:
Understanding the Distinctions    (01)

As part of the ongoing "Ontology Summit 2007" initiative, we are
making an attempt to reach out to everyone (in research,
applications and everything in between) who profess in developing
or facilitating the evolution of "ontologies" and structures that
help model semantics here.    (02)

We need your input, from the perspective of your constituency
(communities or sub-communities that applies the science, art and
engineering of ontology), telling us what "ontology" and other
"ontology-related terms" mean to you. We also want you to tell us
  about representative ontological (or related) artifacts in your
constituency.    (03)

With your input, we hope to clarify what everyone (coming from
different constituency) mean when they use the term "ontology" or
when they refer to related semantic structures; and with that,
help everyone better understand the different types of
"ontologies" or "semantic structures" that fall broadly within
the spectrum. By doing so, the research, development and Internet
communities would, hopefully, have a better way of comparing,
combining and mapping ontologies to one another.    (04)

I invite you to spend a few minutes and complete the online
survey for this joint effort. You can find it at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/survey/summit72.html    (05)

Your input is very important to the endeavor. Please pass this
invitation along to colleagues of your who are in a position to
provide meaningful input on the matter as well.    (06)

Thanks in advance.  =ppy    (07)

Peter P. Yim, Co-convener, Ontolog    (08)

on behalf of the
Ontology Summit 2007 organizing committee