Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2007 Survey

To: "Ontology Summit 2007 Forum" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 04:56:01 -0800
Thanks you for the feedback, John. I'll respond in-line below.  =ppy
--     (01)

On 3/18/07, John F. Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Peter,
>
> [JS]  I agree with Mike Uschold:
>
>  > [MU]  I find that the survey is very confusing.
>    (02)

[ppy]  I agree too, somewhat ... but hopefully, my response to Mike
earlier (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2007-03/msg00042.html)
would help some.    (03)

> [JS]  Those entries could be filled out at many levels of detail.
>
> For most of them, all I could say is something vague like
> "many".  It would be impossible to make it clear without
> writing a long essay on the topic.    (04)

[ppy]  Long essays are welcomed. The only request would be: please
help by summarizing it in 3~5 bullet points at the top of it (which I
just added to the survey remarks.)    (05)

> [JS]  What is the purpose of the questionnaire?  Who is going
> to do what with it?  And why?
>
> I'm not against the idea of a questionnaire. But before
> sending it out, it's important to have a clear idea of
> what is going to be done with the answers.
>
> What is the purpose?
>
> John    (06)

[ppy]  I have made my best attempt to explain it clearly at the
beginning of the survey (between the title and the first question.)    (07)

I guess my earlier answer to Paola's question
(http://ontolog.cim3.net/forum/ontology-summit/2007-03/msg00044.html)
may help too.    (08)

I look forward to receiving your response.    (09)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy
--    (010)