Re: [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2007 Survey

To: "Ontology Summit 2007 Forum" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 11:29:15 +0700
Hi Peter,    (01)

thanks a lot for getting this started, and for the extensive explanation    (02)

 I wonder what criteria have been used to compile the survey? How has
it been put together? By whom? When?    (03)

 I have not seen any discussion regarding the survey, not even in the
summit list (you invited me to participate in the organisation of the
summit, remember?yet I have not heard from you since...)    (04)

It comes as a surprise that the community has not been consulted to
provide an early input to make sure it has the most impact. A user
survey may well more long term goals than just the summit for example,
and the survey design will directly impact the validity and robustness
of the data it gathers. Some of us may well be experts at this (me
know only a bit)    (05)

I would start stating the goals of the survey, what exactly are we trying to
find out? The we can work out the right questions together.    (06)

I am sure a few people will be able to make suggestions
Let us know how can we help to evolve it in the future    (07)

Paola Di Maio    (08)

Paola Di Maio
School of IT, MFU.ac.th