Re: [ontolog-forum] [ontology-summit] Ontology Summit 2007 - Survey dead

To: Ontology Summit 2007 Forum <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Peter P. Yim" <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 26 Mar 2007 13:47:07 -0800
Re: Ontology Summit 2007 - Ontology, Taxonomy, Folksonomy:
Understanding the Distinctions    (01)

First of all, I would like to thank everyone who has already
provided input through the survey. Since we have not had a chance
to hear from everyone yet (especially those who are subscribed to
the [ontology-summit] mailing list (whom we definitely want to
hear from ... everyone of you), I am extending the deadline on
this input collection process to tomorrow (27-Mar-2007).    (02)

Therefore, if you still have not returned your survey - it's at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/file/survey/summit72.html - kindly do it now!    (03)

I'd also like to thank some of you (Barry Smith, Michael Uschold
John Sowa, Paola Di Maio, Tim McGrath, ... in particular) for
your  suggestions on making the survey clearer to the
respondents. Please look at it again ... I believe it should be a
lot less confusing now.    (04)

Anyhow, we need all your input to help us reach the summit's goal
of helping the broader community understand the distinctions
between terms like ontology, taxonomy, thesaurus, folksonomy,
conceptual model, schema, etc. With that, hopefully, everyone can
better deal with the different types of "semantic structures"
that fall broadly within that spectrum, when comparing or
applying them.    (05)

After collecting the terms, meanings and representative
artifacts, we will be soliciting the help from some of you (who
have kindly volunteered or confirmed your support) to help
champion the synthesis and consolidation of these input into a
framework from the perspectives of the various constituencies
involved. We need as much help in this part of the process as we
can; therefore, if you are in a position to help (between now and
the Apr-23 & 24 conference), please e-mail me off-line.    (06)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (07)

P.S. by the way, for those who are planning to join us at the
Apr-23 & 24 workshops and symposium (either on-site at NIST
(Gaithersburg, Maryland, USA) or remotely (via telephone
dial-in), please note that you will need to register for the
event(s). Please refer to registration information at:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2007#nidV3W