Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontological Assumptions of FOL

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: paola.dimaio@xxxxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 18 Mar 2007 10:42:14 +0700

> Tarski models can most definitely be infinite.    (01)

I have no difficulty in accepting that a model can be assigned an
'infinite' property, in theory.
But I do not believe anyone can supply the data sets necessary to
reproduce infinity in any given model, and that reality will always
have (at least) a +1 variable that may (or may not) impact the
validity of the model itself    (02)

Though to understand
> what this means you need to study set theory, in particular
> transfinite arithmetic.    (03)

sounds like what I want to know, will put that on the ''to study' list
thanks!    (04)

Paola Di Maio    (05)