Re: [ontolog-forum] Common Logic Controlled English (CLCE)

To: <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: <matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 19 Mar 2007 07:54:19 -0000
Dear Chris and John,    (01)

<snip>    (02)

> (As an aside, I seem to recall Matthew West's 'High Quality
> Data Models
> paper' notes this - or something similar as a common modelling error -
> Matthew can confirm whether this is the case.)    (03)

MW: Actually is was a modelling principle, that entity types should be
based on the underlying nature of a thing rather than a role that it
plays.    (04)

MW: Following this approach relations were also modelled as entity types
and roles were modelled on the relationships (E-R sense) linking the
relations to the domains of the things they related.    (05)

Regards    (06)

Matthew West
Reference Data Architecture and Standards Manager
Shell International Petroleum Company Limited
Shell Centre, London SE1 7NA, United Kingdom    (07)

Tel: +44 20 7934 4490 Mobile: +44 7796 336538
Email: matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx
http://www.shell.com
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (08)