Re: [ontolog-forum] Modeling Ontology - WSMO and SWSF

To: John Domingue <j.b.domingue@xxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Jun 2005 06:22:18 -0700
John,    (01)

 > yes I can join.    (02)

Thank you for the quick response, and for agreeing to join us at
the regular call this week.    (03)

With regular weekly calls like this one, we generally just chat
and cover some routine items (see details on the agenda on the
link provided in the last message.)    (04)

We run "Invited Speakers" and "Technical Discussion" sessions
too, and those would probably be the right venues for the group
to explore further into particular subject matters (like WSMO or
SWSF, etc.) Considering that the community seems to know little
about the matter, our call this Thursday could help us establish
the relevance, urgency and member interest on the subject, and
hence, your guidance on how we could best position the subject
with other initiatives and areas of interest to our community.
Therefore you shouldn't need to prepare a presentation for this
Thursday. Your presence to spend a few minutes on a general
introduction and to answer questions, I'm sure, will be quite
adequate.    (05)

Of course, if you do have previous slide decks available online,
or other relevant URL's that you can point our members to, that
would be most helpful too. You are most welcomed to post them
(either as a response to this message or directly onto the wiki)
prior to the call. [Do note our IPR policy, though - see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32 )    (06)

I shall look forward to talking to you in person on Thursday.    (07)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy    (08)

P.S. if the charter of the Ontolog community (see:
http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nidB) is
relevant to your work, I would encourage you to join us (either
as an active member or, at least, as an observer. See details
under: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid1J)