sio-dev

Re: [sio-dev] Fwd: [ontolog-forum] Sharing andIntegrating Ontologies

To: "'[sio-dev] discussion'" <sio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 12:25:46 -0700

> 'I should be able to submit any ontology that I want as long as I

>   supply the minimal metadata to permit the OOR to index it.'

Such minimal criteria will prolong the creation/propagation

of poor quality ontologies and reinforce the fragmentation

and duplication of efforts that currently takes place in

this area.

Todd

It's called "creative destruction" by economists, and having been repeated over the last few millennia, it's responsible for 99% of the wealth you now enjoy today, like salt, shelter, plumbing and the internet.  The error is in thinking the ontologies have to be purebred, official, acknowledged.  What emerges will be cost-effective, efficient, and useful to a diversity of folk engaged in a diversity of pursuits at their own pleasure, just as it has always been.

-Rich

Sincerely,

Rich Cooper

EnglishLogicKernel.com