sio-dev

Re: [sio-dev] Fwd: [ontolog-forum] Sharing and Integrating Ontologies

To: "[sio-dev] discussion" <sio-dev@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 10 Apr 2010 11:29:28 -0700
> [RonW] Horribly bureaucratic process. No way this will be able
> to get any following among application developers. ...    (01)

[ppy]  I guess it depends on the kind of ontology submission one has in mind?    (02)

I trust those who were involved in the earlier discussion (either OOR
or SIO) were thinking of artifacts like OpenCYC, PSL, BFO, COSMO,
DOLCE, SUMO and the like (and to weed out the counter examples that
Barry Smith usually cites.)    (03)

ISO is a terribly bureaucratic process too!    (04)

Once again, if the conversation (like this one) addresses the broader
scope of OOR (and not just SIO implementation issues, please use the
[oor-forum] list (rather than [sio-dev]) for the discussion. I am
going to forward this thread to [oor-forum], kindly pick it up from
there.    (05)

... by the way, Ron, why 'application developers' rather than
'ontology developers' (isn't the latter what OOR is for)?    (06)

Thanks & regards.  =ppy