Re: [ontology-summit] [strategy] Blank Stares and Semantic Technology: A

To: "Ontology Summit 2011 discussion" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: solomisp@xxxxxxxxxxx
From: "AzamatAbdoullaev" <abdoul@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 11:20:03 +0200
"Don't bring me good ideas",...but bring me the best ones. It's mere
rhetoric, the business reality is rather the other way. Also, it depends on
the level of operation. As the first step, it is ALWAYS
ideas/thoughts/models/vision, abstract, pure, speculative, theoretical.    (01)

Next step is to see all the possible uses and applications, converting your
speculative thought/vision to practical ideas and solutions, applied,
creative, productive, realistic, concrete, feasible, and viable strategy.    (02)

Under such workable ideas, you start creating "new value, new products, new
customers, new markets ...", getting your revenue growth.    (03)

Look how big IT companies, like IBM and Cisco, operate now, in the
post-crisis period, i hope. First you have to come with big ideas: be it
"smarter planet" idea, where they put hotly discussed Watson as a smarter
system, http://www.ibm.com/smarterplanet/us/en/index.html?re=sph, or be it
"smart + connected communities" former "intelligent urbanization",
http://www.slideshare.net/connectedurbandev/wim-elfrink-cisco-smartconnected-communities    (04)

Then you promote your products and services as the smarter systems and
industry solutions for economic growth and sustainable development.
Specifically, as the smarter city (or smart + connected city) common
(ICT/network) infrastructure is to address many sectors and issues:
transportation, energy and utilities, real estate, civil services, safety
and security, etc.    (05)

As a result, see the projected revenues within 20 years for a city of 5 Mln,
as well as new jobs, GDP, and energy efficiency from the Wim Elfrink's
report, a CGO, leading Cisco's smart + connected communities initiative.    (06)

Other big issue is the real sustainability and viability of innovative ideas
and strategies. For example, in our "New City" Project, we integrated the
above-mentioned ideas as one big holistic model of intelligent and
eco-sustainable city, http://neapolis.com.    (07)

So presently we witness a fast growth of global knowledge market of ideas,
strategies, models, conceptions, initiatives, where ontology, its models,
applications and semantic technologies, must play a crucial role.    (08)

Azamat Abdoullaev    (09)