Re: [ontology-summit] what means SYSTEM and System Praxis?

To: "'Ontology Summit 2011 discussion'" <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 5 Mar 2011 08:58:19 -0000
Dear Jack,    (01)

In my book "Developing High Quality Data Models", Morgan Kaufmann 2011,
Chapter 14 is about systems and system components, and Chapter 15 is about
requirements. Neither of them cover all aspects of those subjects, but they
are likely to be useful. The Chapters give a 4D analysis of Systems and
System Components, and Requirements as the intersection of the required
properties. The resulting EXPRESS data model taken from Chapter 17 can be
found here:
http://homepages.rya-online.net/matthew-west/hqdm_framework/     (02)

Diagrams 17-28 cover systems and systems components of various types, and
Diagram 46 covers Requirements Specifications.    (03)

Regards    (04)

Matthew West
Information  Junction
Tel: +44 560 302 3685
Mobile: +44 750 3385279
Skype: dr.matthew.west
matthew.west@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
http://www.informationjunction.co.uk/
http://www.matthew-west.org.uk/    (05)

This email originates from Information Junction Ltd. Registered in England
and Wales No. 6632177.
Registered office: 2 Brookside, Meadow Way, Letchworth Garden City,
Hertfordshire, SG6 3JE.    (06)

Group