Re: [ontology-summit] Invitation to a brainstorming call for the 2011 On

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Peter Yim <peter.yim@xxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 11:21:12 -0800
Thank you all ... Todd and Ali, especially, for bringing the
discussion back into focus.    (01)

Along those lines I have a few thoughts to share, which might serve as well ...    (02)

* I encourage everyone (especially those who weren't there) to revisit
past Ontology Summit proceedings, and especially the communiques that
came out each year (in the past 5 years).
see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit    (03)

* by Ontology, we mean the entire ontology spectrum (collectively) ...
therefore, specify the segment you are addressing, please
** see: OntologySummit2007 proceedings and the communique, when
"Ontology, Taxonomy, Folksonomy: Understanding the Distinctions" was
addressed by the Summit community, and we actually took great length
to answer "What is An Ontology" as far as this community is concerned
** http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?OntologySummit2007    (04)

* we are here to MAKE the Case for Ontology as a whole, kindly stay
positive... consider yourself an ambassador (salesman?) for the Ontology
community to the rest of the world (and your potential sponsors,
adopters, users) ... please!    (05)

* stay in focus ... conversation relevant to Ontology, but not
specific on this year's theme should be relegated to other forums
(like [ontolog-forum], ... etc.)    (06)

* open IPR policy regarding all summit content (or technology) applies
** http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?WikiHomePage#nid32
** don't share your trade secrets here (and don't label them as such!)    (07)

Talk to some you you shortly at the (pre-launch) brainstorm session
see: http://ontolog.cim3.net/cgi-bin/wiki.pl?ConferenceCall_2010_12_16    (08)

Best regards.  =ppy