Re: [ontology-summit] Invitation to a brainstorming call for the 2011 On

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "MacPherson, Deborah" <dmacpherson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 2010 10:46:21 -0500
Explaining the loose affiliation with relational databases and drawing in
people who need to get several databases to work together to solve their
business needs.
    (01)

Do they need to create an ontology to accomplish their work? Or can they use
components and parts from elsewhere? Move up or down the levels of abstraction
and tie into work by others that already exists? What rules and best practices
should be followed to ensure the most can be made of
    (02)

relational databases that most people already use,
with ontologies that only some people use
and web services that more and more people will be using
    (03)

DEBORAH MACPHERSON, CSI CCS, AIA
Specifications and Research
    (04)

Cannon Design
1100 Wilson Boulevard, Suite 2900
Arlington, Virginia 22209
    (05)

Direct Line 703 907 2353
4 Digit Dial 2353
    (06)

dmacpherson@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
cannondesign.com
    (07)

 Please consider the environment before printing this email.
    (08)