Re: [ontology-summit] Invitation to a brainstorming call for the 2011 On

To: Ontology Summit 2011 discussion <ontology-summit@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Jack Ring <jring7@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 2010 15:45:57 -0700
The obverse of Michael's good point is that we must acknowledge and muffle instances of 'bad' ontologies. In the world of innovation this means that we must not only address why X is important but also how to recognize X from Not X. This is best done by formulating a value proposition.
Bothering users about how to build a watch is counterproductive, however, the marketplace also consists of distribution channels and ontology education sources so a separate value proposition for them will be useful, too.