Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology based conversational interfaces

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: John F Sowa <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Jul 2015 08:21:28 -0400
On 7/11/2015 10:48 PM, Rich Cooper wrote:
> Since you are so persistent about insisting that every observer sees the
> same objective reality as the next one, I will concede the point to you.    (01)

That's not what I said.    (02)

Everybody knows that different people (and animals) have different
views, opinions, and ways of perceiving, thinking, and acting.    (03)

For example, your pet dog, cat, or whatever may live in your home.
But you and your pet have very different experiences and ways
of perceiving and acting.  But it would be misleading to say that
you and your pet live in different houses.    (04)

If you want a technical term that has an associated theory that
has been explored in some depth, I suggest 'Umwelt'.  The 'Welt'
component means 'world', but the theory of the Umwelt focuses
on the way it's experienced.  See the article by John Deely:
https://manoftheword.files.wordpress.com/2013/01/umwelt-deely.pdf    (05)

An excerpt: