Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology vs KR

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Oct 2014 14:04:25 -0700
                JFS>Short summary:  Any
propositional representation in any language,
                natural or artificial, is an
approximation that is based on some
                "interesting position on the
tradeoff".  But there is no limit to
                the number and kinds of tradeoffs
for different purposes.  Peirce's
                "twin gates" of perception and
action determine the symbol grounding
                for any and all representations.    (01)

                John    (02)

Then you seem to believe that perception and
action (i.e., embodied agent with such) handle all
designation of the vocabulary used to describe
what was perceived and what action(s) were
performed.  Is that correct:    (03)

-RIch    (04)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper