Re: [ontolog-forum] Ontology vs KR

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 3 Oct 2014 19:47:31 -0700
Dear Mark,    (01)

I didn't mean that every infant has the SAME
vocabulary.  In fact, the actual vocabulary has to
be learned through the infant's interactions with
more experienced agents - the infant is only
really born with a sound making apparatus and an
audio mapping of frequency versus intensity (the
cochleae).  But every infant has some set of
distinguishable capabilities, whether objects,
actions, or some combination of the above.  I have
given up the idea that the primitives are
universal, i.e. identical in all infants.
Instead, there is some initial state of each
infant X(0), probably encoded partly by genes,
partly by environment the infant is born into,
partly by learned culture as practiced by midwives
and doctors.  From there on, the trajectory of the
growing agent is described in some more elaborate
system.      (02)

-Rich    (03)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper