Re: [ontolog-forum] fitness of XML for ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum]" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: Duane Nickull <duane@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 06 Feb 2014 13:42:43 -0800
John:    (01)

I have never advocated XML should be used for everything, even during the
time I had XML Global, my first startup ;-)    (02)

The XML encoding of RDF is fairly easy as there is a specification for it
that encompasses the logic.  There are many models that do not allow
themselves to be easily encoded in XML.    (03)

On top of that, there are many shortcomings of XML and XML schema that
need to be prescriptively described within the XML processing model.
Otherwise, there is ambiguity although in practice, if everyone used the
same parser libraries, the problem is much smaller than it could be.    (04)

Duane    (05)

Technoracle Advanced Systems Inc.
Consulting and Contracting; Proven Results!
i.  Neo4J, PDF, Java, LiveCycle ES, Flex, AIR, CQ5 & Mobile
b. http://technoracle.blogspot.com
t.  @duanenickull    (06)

On 2014-02-06 11:11 AM, "John F Sowa" <sowa@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:    (07)