Re: [ontolog-forum] fitness of XML for ontology

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: David Eddy <deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 7 Feb 2014 15:43:01 -0500
Kingsley -
On Feb 07, 2014, at 12:50 PM, Kingsley Idehen wrote:

 we reason against RDF Semantics

Could you provide an example or two for what is meant by "RDF Semantics" please?

Disclaimer/context... I do not work in RDF & I had my fill of "tag languages" in the early 1980s with a tag based software product from Applied Data Research (ADR) called ETC (extended text compose).

Historical note that I'm sure John Sowa knows (or will correct me on): ADR can be credited with creating the software business since they successfully sued IBM.  IBM then unbundled—up until then software came free with the hardware—and it was game on...

David Eddy
Babson Park, MA

deddy@xxxxxxxxxxxxx