Re: [ontolog-forum] LInked Data meme revisited

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Matthew West" <dr.matthew.west@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 11 Dec 2013 13:39:16 -0000
Dear Kingsley,
I think you are missing the point I am trying to make.
Words typically have multiple meanings, indeed just one meaning is rather
unusual. So you need a way to pick out which meaning you mean this time when
you are using it, especially when it is out of context.
A term has a single defined meaning within a defined context, so you have
some chance of knowing where you are. A good way to distinguish between
different possible meanings of a word is to add words to your term to
provide disambiguation.
Regards
Matthew    (01)