Re: [ontolog-forum] LInked Data meme revisited

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Rich Cooper" <rich@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 9 Dec 2013 17:53:52 -0800
Dear Kingsley,    (01)

I think the use of URIs as words should be
augmented by a client dictionary of word "signals"
like those used in human language.  So "move"
might have a URI that denotes the WordNet entry
for that word, within a base URI to identify how
WordNet entries are indexed by a dictionary offset
from the base URI.      (02)

That addresses David Eddy's concern about how
people (and programmers really are people) use
words in documenting what they do, produce, or
experience.  That is also my concern, but I
consider that dictionary of words to URIs to be a
personal, individual user suite of preferences for
words represented lexically.  I don't think it
will be feasible in the next decade to find a
universal dictionary.  The best I expect is an
editable dictionary which can be copied and edited
by any user.      (03)

-Rich    (04)

Sincerely,
Rich Cooper