Re: [ontolog-forum] What is the role of an upper level ontology?

To: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Cc: "'[ontolog-forum] '" <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "doug foxvog" <doug@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 May 2013 14:30:36 -0400
On Tue, May 21, 2013 12:39, Matthew West wrote:
> Dear Doug,
> I would say that differently:    (01)

In 4D, i would too.  But i would consider the organization an object with
a temporal, but not a spatial dimension.    (02)

>> I consider the team to be an organization.  People become for a time
>> organizational members.  That is a relationship between them and the
>> intangible organization.    (03)

> MW: I would say that there is temporal part of the person that is a
> spatio-temporal part of the organization. There is also the matter of the
> role they play, but that is another matter.    (04)

I would say that there is a temporal part of a person that plays the role
of member in the organization.  I would not consider that temporal part
of the person to be a spatial part of a non-spatial organization.    (05)

Would you say, "Part of the Red Sox has a daughter named Sue."?    (06)

-- doug foxvog    (07)