Re: [ontolog-forum] Spatial Extent of Abstract Entities?

To: ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
From: Kingsley Idehen <kidehen@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 May 2013 23:31:11 -0400
On 5/23/13 10:57 PM, John F Sowa wrote:
> KI
>> >The challenge here is mapping Relations in RDF with Relations in a
>> >SQL RDBMS, without losing the audience.
> I agree that you have to tailor the explanations to the audience.
> For example, I would not dump a tutorial on Peirce's semiotics on
> an unprepared audience.  (I tried and lost half the audience,
> but the other half loved it.)
>
> But I agree with Richard Feynman:  If you get a clear understanding
> of a subject in your own mind, you should be able to explain it
> in an honest way to an intelligent 12-year-old.
>
> In this case, I wouldn't attempt to go into the details about
> SQL or RDF.  But I could show an intelligent 12-year-old how
> to represent the same data in a table or a graph.
Yes! And I did that with my own 12-year-old en route to getting him to
understand how to express triples in Turtle :-)    (01)

It is clear in my mind, the challenge is being able to prepare material
that doesn't lose half the audience (non technical and attention
challenged). Anyway, I think I have something and I'll share it once
it's ready.    (02)

Regards,    (04)

Kingsley Idehen
Founder & CEO