Re: [ontolog-forum] Knowledge graphs by Google and Facebook

To: "[ontolog-forum] " <ontolog-forum@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
From: "Obrst, Leo J." <lobrst@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 20 Jan 2013 00:31:15 +0000

Yes, indeed, Matthew, but we need to clarify things in this forum, not confuse people, or give them false information. When the external programming language code surrounding a relational database essentially creates its own semantics in procedural code (which is extensive, I admit) for a given database, it is not the same as saying that the relational model of RDBs is open world. It’s not.

Thanks,

Leo